There was a time when business owners would introduce themselves and advertise their business through the use of business cards. But all of that has now changed; while business cards are still used on occasion, advertising has taken on a more digitised form.
Almost every business, global and local, big and small have a website, where they post information about their company and its services and products. A business website is one of the best ways of getting information about your brand and products to a very wide audience. An online presence has become a norm today and it’s required if you want to stay competitive in the market. Take a look at why your website is now more important that your business card:
- Easy accessibility– A business card is something that you have to personally hand someone if you want them to know more about your business. On the other hand, a website is easily accessible from just about anywhere and potential customers are able to locate you very easily when they want to.
- Stay ahead of the competition– As mentioned earlier, every business has a website today. If you don’t have an online presence in the form of a website, you will lose out to the competition. On the other hand, if you have a well-designed and optimised website, it can catapult your business ahead of the competition.
- Opportunity to create promotions– A business card will have only your name and contact details and not much else. In comparison, when you have a business website, you are able to post information related to your products or service and also have the option to update this information quickly and without any hassle.
- Gain customer feedback- Your customers are able to post feedback on your products via your website. Positive feedback is a very potent form of advertising and helps improve your credibility in the market. Negative feedback helps you retrospect and make changes to provide improved services and products to your customers.
- Brand building– Aside from this, your website also helps build brand awareness and you are able to interact with your audience in a more consistent manner. You are able to use strategies to retain existing customers and attract new ones.
All of this is something a simple business card can’t do. It’s why your website has now become a much more important advertising and branding tool than a business card.